I tend to think I have a relatively humdrum life. I’m not famous, nor do I live an oppulent life; I don’t do extravagant things or have any extraordinary talent. Today’s Daily Prompt is to tell you 6 unique things about me. This is more a mental challenge than a simple writing exercise, because now I actually have to think of 6 things that set me apart from other people.
………………………………………. Still thinking.
1. This is my go-to for when I’m asked to tell something interesting: I fell down a ravine when I was 9 and got 75 stitches under my chin.
2. Girly things like getting my hair cut, or getting my nails done make me uncomfortable for the same reason I hate the dentist: personal space issues.
3. I had a stuffed lion named Clarence, after a lion in a TV show I can’t remember. The original lion was washed and dried by my mom, who melted the mane, and I was beyond upset about it. She called the store we got it from in the Outer Banks, they had one left, and they sent it. I still have both somewhere.
4. My sister claims I used to chase her around the house with a kitchen knife. I do not recall such heinous acts. However, I do recall her chasing me through the house, and in retaliation I sprayed furnish polish on the tile floor so she would fall when she came around the corner. It worked. Somehow the old “She can’t chase you if you don’t run” wasn’t a sufficient solution.
5. I hate lima beans, which is odd for somebody who ate an entire pot of them when she was 2 and screamed when they were gone.
6. I don’t like cats. Except Grumpy Cat. He makes me laugh.