Sometimes I’m not inspired by the daily prompt, so I skip them. And there are also days where I lack my own inspiration and simply don’t write at all. Those days make me sad. But today, the prompt is almost a brain teaser. Today’s Daily Prompt was to erase an entire letter from the alphabet and write a post with out it. Now this will make my mind work, for sure. As I started to choose a letter to omit, it became clear that I am biased and can’t pick the letter on my own. You see, as soon a letter came to my mind I immediately analyzed the difficulty of the task based on that letter and either decided it was too easy or talked myself out of it. So I asked my nephew to name any letter of the alphabet, which is how it came to pass that this post was written with out the letter “G.”
Here is a list of stuff I can’t easily write about today, and they might be some brain teasers for you:
- The Packers. Actually I can talk about them, I just can’t tell you where they are from.
- Some forms of participles. (I had to look that up just tell you that I can’t use them.)
- A certain type of cheese from Switzerland.
- A certain type of cheese from Holland.
- The season after winter.
- My favorite color.
- The ceremony planned for Nov. 2 where a bride marries her future husband. (That was a two-fer!)
- Objects of substantial size because apparently all the words used to describe items of substantial size have this letter.
- The twins, 1 and 2, in The Cat in the Hat.
- The science chapter about rocks my nephew has a test on tomorrow.
- A very popular and sleazy book series.
- My 4 year old puppy.
- The full name of the doctor’s office I work at and half the doctors.
- And last, a demon of Moria in Middle Earth.
If I were truly Southern this would be a lot easier. This post would be much less borin’ if I were choppin’ letters off the ends of words like so many people are speakin’ these days. You’da been forced to read it in your best Paula Deen voice. I’ma make the writin’ part look swell. Y’all come back now, ya’hear.